Do you think you are a genius in this field of science? Test your knowledge with this chemistry quiz. Perhaps you will learn something new.
1. Which of these is a non-metal?
2. Which chemical has the formula NaHCO3?
3. A calorie is a unit of what?
4. Deuterium is an isotope for what element?
5. Can you name the substance that helps heart pacients and also used in explosives?
6. What is the chemical formula for Ammonia?
7. Plumbum is the “old name” for which element?
8. What are the 4 key elements in amino acids?
9. Re is the chemical symbol for which element?
10. Which of these is not an amino acid?
11. Which element is a noble gas?
12. Monosodium glutamate is used in…
13. CH3OH is the formula for…
14. There are 3 key elements in a Formaldehyde. Carbon and hydrogen are 2. What is the 3th?
15. Where is the element with Z = 7 located in the periodic table?
16. Can you name the chemist who discovered the following law: If a change is imposed on a system at equilibrium, the position of the equilibrium will shift in a direction that tends to reduce that change
17. Which of the following name/symbol combinations of elements is wrong?
18. Who won the Nobel prize for chemistry in 1903?
19. Which of the following chemical elements has the biggest atomic number?